Posted on December 16th, 2015

BlackBerry 10 app for livestreaming to nginX-RTMP server. Check out StreamCam BlackBerry App World here.

StreamCam is an open-source project and its source can be found here, /StreamCam

From start itself BlackBerry 10 Cascades framework has not supported loading images to ImageView element directly from web URL. This was really disappointing considering originally QML supports this. It made it really tough to port a number of apps to BlackBerry 10. Thankfully folks at BlackBerry support forum gave a solution, WebImageView. I had been using something similar for my apps ever since.


WebImageView problem. See image in center column repeating twice in 2nd and 4th row.

WebImageView problem. See image in center column repeating twice in 2nd and 4th row.

But WebImageView, for some weird reasons, some problem with QNetworkDiskCache or ListView rendering brings another problem where wrong images are loaded on wrong items when shown in ListView. This is quite annoying when app is running with slower Internet. All my BlackBerry 10 apps used to suffer from this problem. I tried a lot of things, even downloading and saving the image first before loading it to ImageView but nothing worked. But recently I think I’ve found a fix. While using WebImageView when QNetworkReply is finished, I added a check in slot if the reply is for the same url for which it is requested. This worked and I’m really happy now. Now I’m adding this to all my apps for a better experience. Funny how a single line of code can solve long withstanding problem!

Code with this change included can be found on Github at

My start with Android app development

Posted on October 1st, 2015

It was almost end of my time with the startup I was working, finishing my Qt/C++ based desktop application assignment, when I came to know that their Android application is having some major issue with Android Lollipop as it use to crash at start itself. Time was around end of April and although I knew there was some problem with Android app on Lollipop earlier but I cared less as I had my own stuff to take care of and honestly I had absolutely no idea about the problem leave alone the solution to it. But around this time I was bit free and relaxed so I started taking interest in the solution for problem. Read more »

FastPress updated with stats and more feature!

Posted on December 26th, 2014

Paid version of FastPress is been updated with stats and many more feature on BlackBerry World. Now app can handle multiple user blogs and stores blog data locally for offline access. Updated app features,

FastPress - Stats

  • Access to all user blogs while listing user blog’s pages, posts, comments, media, categories, tags, etc.
  • Access to blog stats, listing views and visitors for last 30 days.
  • Access and upload to media library.
  • Create/edit page or post with most meta information like title, content, slug, password, date, tags, categories, etc. Embedding images in page or post.
  • Change status of posts. Publish, private, draft, etc.
  • Delete pages, posts, categories, media.
  • Change comment status. Approve, unapprove, spam or trash comments.
  • Reply to comments.
  • Access to freshly pressed posts from WordPress.
  • Read posts tagged under keywords using tag search.
  • Offline support.

Hopefully users will like this update! These new features come with a little more price for new users as price of app has been increased from Tier 1($0-0.99) to Tier 2($1-$1.99).

FastPress can be downloaded from BlackBerry World at